[time-nuts] OT: Basics of voltage calibration?

Daun Yeagley daun at yeagley.net
Wed Mar 18 13:44:50 UTC 2009

That reminds me of a prank we pulled off in a measurements class in college
many years ago. Of course we were working with galvanometers and standard
cells, and the "usual" warnings.
We had some cloth insulated hook up wire, so we pulled the wire out and put
part of it back in the insulation so that it looked real, and then "shorted"
the standard cell with this setup. We waited for the professor to come by
and let him see what we had done.  After he came down off the ceiling, we
pulled the insulation back off so he could see that we hadn't really shorted
it after all.  It's a good thing he had a great sense of humor. (I think he
is the type that would have pulled the same sort of stunt).

Daun