[time-nuts] GPS IIR-20 Launched

Lux, James P james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 24 21:43:44 UTC 2009

> Ah, stakeholders, what's the definition of a stakeholder?

The dead vampire.

> Like you say, can I sign up for, and then only pay for, the
> bronze standard, if that is all I really need?

I believe Galileo has a "pay for performance" model as part of their public/private partnership.

For GPS, it's all government funded, with the higher performance kept secret (prompting clever receiver design such as dual frequency carrier phase tracking to get the performance without knowing the code)