[time-nuts] Hand Held GPS

brooke at pacific.net brooke at pacific.net
Fri Mar 27 14:31:22 UTC 2009

Hi Paul:

The Polaris Guide may be what you're looking for.  At first I thought that
because it only puts out a little over 3 Volts it would not work with my
existing collection of 5 Volt antennas, but so far it works with all of
them as well as passive antennas.  The exceptions are antennas that are a
DC short or antennas that are a DC open.  See:
http://www.prc68.com/I/DAGR.shtml#Ant

This is the civilian version of the current U.S. military GPS hand held
receiver called the Defense Advanced Gps Receiver (DAGR).  It's extremely
rugged and has external SMA female antenna connector and an external DC
power connector as well as a pair of HD-15 data ports.  Internal batteries
are four AA.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com