[time-nuts] LT1763

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Mon Oct 5 21:43:06 UTC 2009

In message <abec162c0910051437j4a50cf18j1c5141cf091abe49 at mail.gmail.com>, John
Green writes:

>I am also considering using a Rubidium standard instead.

I have sort of given up on OCXO's for applications where I care about
their shortcomings, a statement I realise is of same order as "cook
until done".

The $1600 a new PRS10 costs me, is a saving in the long run, because
I can disregard a yearly calibration for the next ten years.

The only drawback to Rubidium is the amount of power it sucks.

Poul-Henning