[time-nuts] Time running backwards down under

Jim Palfreyman jim77742 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 23:58:39 UTC 2009

Now I have an enourmous respect for Murray - one of the cleverest
people I know, but this time he has shot himself in the foot.

The water does not go down the plug hole differently - that is an
urban legend. Any difference in direction in a household sink has more
to do with residual circular motion in the bowl rather than the
coriolis effect.

Also, we call hurricanes cyclones. They rotate clockwise which is
opposite to what North Americans see in their hurricanes. So
technically hurricanes don't rotate the other way here - because we
don't have them.