[time-nuts] 5370A

Roy Phillips phill.r1 at btinternet.com
Sat Oct 10 10:08:35 UTC 2009

 Hi Joe
I have a similar problem so I would be pleased to hear from you with any
useful information. The basic problem with mine is that the power supply is
suspect - it works, but there is excessive heat, much greater than any other
HP instrument that I have, from the rear mounted heat-sink, this is too hot
to hold your hand on ! There is also a very obvious buzz from the power
transformer, even when it is on "stand-by" - so I guess at worst it could be
shorted turns in the power transformer, or probably better, a faulty bridge
rectifier,or one or more of the large reservoir caps -  this an early model
(1984), so perhaps it is to be suspected. I also think the performance is
not to specification, but I will check-out the perceived problem with PSU
before I investigate this matter.  I am just about to start the
investigation of the prime problem.
Roy