Francesco Ledda frledda at verizon.net
Sun Oct 11 15:48:33 UTC 2009

In the US, we use both systems. During engineering school, we mainly used
the exponent system as done in Europe; we also used the US system for
historycal and practical reasons.

Some people here in the US feel more confortable one system and others with
the other. My opinion is that as long as they are used correcly, both
systems are just fine.