[time-nuts] Getting GPIB to work on HP5382B Universal

Mark C. Stephens marks at non-stop.com.au
Wed Oct 14 12:56:42 UTC 2009

Hello All,

We aren't all made of money so here is the slow but free approach:

Download Visual C# or VB, etc express version from Microsoft for free.
http://www.microsoft.com/exPress/

Download visa + driver CD from NI for free.
http://search.ni.com/nisearch/app/main/p/ap/tech/lang/en/pg/1/sn/ssnav:sup,catnav:du,n8:4.9547.9548
or if you are like me ftp://ftp.ni.com/support/drivercd

Install visa with programmers libraries.

Start writing code in whatever language you are at home with!

I am sure you will surprise yourself very quickly as NI have made it really easy.

NI even provide regular free symposiums if you are very interested.

However, I'd doubt that NI drivers would be at all compatible with HP GPIB cards.

Mark
VK2HMC