[time-nuts] Lady Heather wants to know: How big is your tube?

MOSEL Sam sam.mosel at baesystems.com
Fri Oct 16 02:37:45 UTC 2009

> -----Original Message-----
> From: time-nuts-bounces at febo.com
> [mailto:time-nuts-bounces at febo.com] On Behalf Of Russell Rezaian
> Sent: Friday, 16 October 2009 12:52 AM
> To: Discussion of precise time and frequency measurement
> Subject: Re: [time-nuts] Lady Heather wants to know: How big
> is your tube?
>
> Most common screen resolutions for me:
>
> 4x3 aspect ratio:
> 1280x1024
> 1600x1200

For square pixels, this first one is actually a 5x4 ratio used commonly
in non-widescreen LCDs.

CRTs tended to all have 4x3 apect ratios and hence for a horizontal
resolution of 1280 the "square-pixel correct" vertical resolution is
960.

Sam.
"Warning:
The information contained in this email and any attached files is
confidential to BAE Systems Australia. If you are not the intended
recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this email or any
attachments is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this email
in error, please notify us immediately. VIRUS: Every care has been
taken to ensure this email and its attachments are virus free,
however, any loss or damage incurred in using this email is not the
sender's responsibility.  It is your responsibility to ensure virus
checks are completed before installing any data sent in this email to
your computer."