[time-nuts] Lady Heather and gpsd

Tim Cwik timenuts at stnhbr.com
Sun Oct 18 01:44:12 UTC 2009

Does anyone know if Lady Heather needs to send data to the Thunderbolt
when monitoring performance?  She must send commands to do surveys, save
results, and change operations, but is there data sent to the Tbolt
after configuration is complete and she is just showing graphs of
operating conditions.

I would like to use gpsd to provide time information from the Tbolt to
ntpd on one of my servers but I would also like to be able to monitor
Tbolt operations with Lady Heather. I am planning to make a splitter for
the rs-232 from the Tbolt, connecting TD and RD to the server running
ntps and TD only from the Tbolt to a machine running LH. Will this work?
Is this the best procatice for doing this?

I suppose another answer would be to modify gpsd to do the same work
that LH does or arrange for gpsd to pass info packets on to a Linux
process doing the same sort of monitoring tha LH does, but this seems to
be re-inverting the LH wheel.

Thanks for any thoughts,

Tim N2LTQ