[time-nuts] Adret 4101A, the DCF77 and a good antenna

Marco A. Ferra maferra at gmx.com
Wed Oct 21 19:26:40 UTC 2009

----- Original Message -----

> There is a good list of time signals on the web site of the BIPM:
> http://www.bipm.org/jsp/en/TimeFtp.jsp?TypePub=scale#nohref
> in the "Time Signals" in the Scales division of the FTP server of the
> Time, Frequency and Gravimetry section. The most recent is dated 2008.
> Regards,
> Jean-Louis Oneto

Dear Jean-Louis and all the others, thanks for all the input.

In fact I have considered other time stations, but the precision of the
DCF77 (if I'm not mistaken is plus/minus 2*10^-12) and the HBG (the same
precision) made them very good candidates.  The active antenna is probably a
good investiment (Conrad or custom made), since the unit itself is located
inside a building with many equipments generating alot of electrical noise.

I will also try tomorrow a loop antenna.  Just for the sake of it, I have an
old radio at home that have an antenna like that and I will see if that
works.

Regards,