[time-nuts] GPS time, UTC and TAI

Sanjeev Gupta ghane0 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 11:22:57 UTC 2009

Martyn,

The GPS to UTC offset changes at each leap second.
The TAI to UTC offset changes at the same time

The GPS to TAI offset does not change at insertion of leap seconds.  It does
differ on the order of nanosecods, due to the different ways the two are
realised, but this difference does not (should not) build up.

If you can get GPS time, apply offset of 19 secs to get TAI.

--
Sanjeev Gupta
+65 98551208     http://www.linkedin.com/in/ghane