[time-nuts] L1/L2 RX

Had had at to-way.com
Thu Apr 8 20:44:45 UTC 2010

Thank you Bjorn.

>The big slow river of surplus does have GPS receivers. As with other stuff
>there are shops trying to sell at or above list prices. What do you want
>to do? A really good position for your new AntCom? A receiver with
>external frequency input? 1pps output for some GPSDO projects?
>
>It is possible to find receivers in the $100 to $500 interval. However
>look out for cables fitting your receiver too. They often use hard to find
>watertight connectors, that can be expensive to buy.
>
>Look for dual frequency Ashtech, Novatel, Trimble, Sokkia, Leica, Topcon,
>Javad, etc...
>
>Look for example in the file linked below for hints on current and old
>dual frequency (and some older L1-only) receivers.
>
>     ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/igscb/station/general/rcvr_ant.tab
>
>Good luck!
>
>--
>
>     Björn

A fine is a tax for doing wrong.  A tax is a fine for doing well.

Peter Cooper, of Fermi Lab, says, "Every experimentalist knows
that the apparatus, or at least your understanding of it, is
always at fault until demonstrated otherwise." He also says,
"Nature is really unmoved by what I, or anyone else, believes."