[time-nuts] Microphonic Inductor?

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Tue Apr 13 17:02:46 UTC 2010

Hi

Most inductors are vibration sensitive from the windings moving relative to
the core. If the part in question has windings you can get at - try gluing
them down. Anything with some mass to it will do fine (RTV, hot melt glue,
wax, what ever). The value will change, but if the vibe problem goes away
you have useful data.

Bob