[time-nuts] Trimble Thunderbolt 10MHz amplitude jitter

Arthur Dent golgarfrincham at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 19:48:26 UTC 2010

Chris Smith-
 "The first thing I noticed was the Temp pane in TBOLTMON shows  -30.8C."
You may have missed my post yesterday where I said:
 "I had a thunderbolt that displayed a temperature reading of -54.99°C, which
I was pretty sure wasn't correct. ;-)   Apparently the reference in the DS1620
chip either shorted or opened so this "D" revision chip was outputting its
lowest possible reading. I replaced it with a "C" revision chip that I found
(date code 9710C2) and it works great.

So If you have an "E" revision DS1620 chip that displays the temperature in
steps and you want to replace it, either a "C" or a "D" revision chip appears to
work as a replacement. Trimble apparently started using the "E" revision chip
around mid 2004."
                       -Arthur