[time-nuts] And you thought you were old

James R Miller james at jrmiller.demon.co.uk
Tue Apr 20 16:03:53 UTC 2010

Horst wrote:

> Now when I see one of the old black Philips  glass encapulated
> transistors, I get quite nostalgic.
> But this days one hardly looks at a modern transistor anymore.

I know it's way off topic, but I really /did/ use the OC42 in clocks ...
some of them are OC42m ...

----------

I got out my box (after 40++ years ;-) and counted, and find I have:

  AAZ12      17       mostly unused
  BZY88 6V8   4       3 unused
  GET102      1
  OA10        3       3 unused
  OA202       9
  OA47       12
  OA70        3
  OA85        2
  OA86        1       1 unused
  OAZ207      3       1 unused
  OAZ247      1
  OC139       2
  OC16        1       1 unused
  OC201       1
  OC202       1       1 unused
  OC202       5       3 unused
  OC204       3       2 unused
  OC23        1       1 unused
  OC28        1       1 unused
  OC42       12       7 unused
  OC71        5       1 unused
  OC76        1       1 unused
  OC84        3
  OCP71       4
  SX641WA     1
  Total      97

I culled these when I was at Marconi (UK) 1965-72.

If anybody wants them (one lot), please contact me off the list.

[Sorry John A; I just had to move on this while I am still alive].

With best wishes.