[time-nuts] On Finding Things

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 14:38:53 UTC 2010

On 08/08/2010, Brooke Clarke <brooke at pacific.net> wrote:
> Hi Steve:
>
> In the movie "Zero Effect" Daryl Zero says:
> "Now, a few words on looking for things. When you go looking for
> something specific, your chances of finding it are very bad. Because of
> all the things in the world, you're only looking for one of them. When
> you go looking for anything at all, your chances of finding it are very
> good. Because of all the things in the world, you're sure to find some
> of them."

Well, that does make a lot of sense, it's just a pity that searching
for the item you want frequently ends up fruitless but I agree that if
you search for anything, your sure to find it.

Maybe there is some higher order philosophical relevance in this.
Perhaps we would advance more if our research was basically open,
random, instead of closed on a specific idea. Instead of trying to
work out which road to take to get to Rome, just take any road as all
roads lead toe Rome.

Hmmm, interesting.

Cheers,
Steve