[time-nuts] Remove Pictic boards from envelopes

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed Aug 11 02:35:20 UTC 2010

Steve wrote:

>They just need the simple application of the little pink eraser (I was
>going to say rubber :) at the end of a pencil and a bit of elbow
>grease to come up looking shiny and new.

Alternatively, a quick dip in TarnX (thiourea tarnish remover) should
brighten them right up.  Note that TarnX contains a chemical
(thiourea) that has been found by the State of California to be a
carcinogen....  (Luckily, I don't live in CA.  It's apparently not
carcinogenic here.)

One of the pink paste silver polishes on a wet sponge would probably
also work, but could remove some of the tin -- though likely not as
much as an eraser.

Best regards,

Charles