[time-nuts] Phase noise measurement (was - no subject)

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sun Aug 22 02:05:21 UTC 2010

Hi

One thing to head back to here:

What is being measured?

If the DUT is "only" as good as a 10811 and you have a 3561a, an AD797 is overkill. That assumes you are running a RPD-1 or a high level mixer with buffers. There aren't a lot of oscillators on the surplus market that will need much better.

Super amps are fine. They just are a bit beyond the minimum required to get going.

Bob