[time-nuts] Have Quick Tools

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Mon Aug 23 15:24:00 UTC 2010

On Aug 23, 2010, at 7:52 AM, Brooke Clarke wrote:
> Has anyone made a PIC based Have Quick device to either compare two have quick outputs, generate a HQ data stream or read a HQ stream?

I've been interested in playing with the HQ outputs of my HQ-compatible GPS receivers for a long time. It's on my list of things to do before the heat death of the universe, but there are a lot of projects ahead of that one.

Not that it matters since there are so many projects ahead of it, but if I was going to do this today I'd probably use a TI MSP430 family processor, since those are what I'm presently set up to develop for. Hmm, maybe one could set up one of those Chronos wristwatch development kits to automatically set the watch time from a HQ source over its wireless link? You know what they say: Measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a chalkline, and cut it with a chainsaw! :-D

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/