[time-nuts] Test Equipment -Memory cards

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Feb 2 13:42:27 UTC 2010

Hi Don,
Congratulations on the E8285A. I've an 8924C that does me nicely  and came with a bunch of other stuff including two 10811A's and a crystal impedance meter (gotta keep on-topic) for £300 (~$500). Another useful instrument in the range that can sometimes be picked up cheaply is the 8922X if you get the 06 or 106 option you get a nice 1GHz digital SA with TG, a CW RF generator and low frequency scope. The GSM test stuff is an unwanted extra. A bit big, but better than a 141T setup.  I think you will find that the E8285A is the same as the 8924C and uses non-volatile RAM cards, not flash. These cards are rare now and have CMOS ram and a lithium coin cell. You MIGHT be able to read a flash card, but I'm pretty certain you can't write to them.

Robert G8RPI.