[time-nuts] CPLDs for clock dividers

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Fri Feb 5 02:23:46 UTC 2010

Paul Swed wrote:
> Well not having a lot of luck with the xilinx wise application.
> Its a 6.5 GB tar and after a good 5 hr plus download the tar doesn't open
> with zipgenious
> But 6.5 GB to work a cpld. Seems crazy to me.

The web installer will let you do a partial install.

Bear in mind you are getting heck of lot of pretty powerful software for
the low, low cost of a download.  (This applies to both Xilinx and Altera.)

The suites are not perfect, but you can do fairly complex designs with
their free software.

An EDA architect (at Cadence) in a past life,
-ch