[time-nuts] injection locking

Don Latham djl at montana.com
Wed Feb 10 19:44:42 UTC 2010

Hi Ulrich and all, you kicked up an old memory. In the early 1960's a
friend and I messed some with nuclear magnetic resonance and synchronous
oscillators for detection of same. Later found a nice paper:
Uzunoglu and White, IEEE Journal of Solid-State Circuits V. SC-20,#6,
Dec.1985, p.1214-1226. Has substantially the same circuit as the web page
someone noted earlier, and a lot of analysis. Basically, the problems are
the same as lock-in, the fight being between essentialy the Q of the
locking circuit and lock time and so forth.
Interesting; when the time comes for the 64 MHz oscillator I'll try it!
Don

Ulrich Bangert