[time-nuts] Tight PLL Tester

Tom Van Baak tvb at LeapSecond.com
Thu Feb 11 07:37:33 UTC 2010

> If there are any Nuts out there interested in helping to make available to
> other Freq-Nuts a SIMPLE tester that I have found to be a VERY useful low
> cost tool,

Warren,

Yes, I think it's a good idea for a couple of people to try to
duplicate your results; either to validate the resolution and
features that you're claiming, or to locate or quantify the
limitations in your implementation. Either way it will be a
learning experience for you, and for the group.

To that end, would you be able this week to write a quick
word document or readme or web page with photo(s) of
your setup, schematic, parts list, specific make/model of
the equipment that you're using, etc. Since you say it is
a simple setup, I suspect a number of us would then be
able to dig in our parts bin and mimic your prototype
as close as possible and then objectively measure how
it works compared to other phase noise measurement
systems.

/tvb