[time-nuts] Loran C sounds

J. L. Trantham jltran at att.net
Fri Feb 12 14:44:59 UTC 2010

I still have a LORAN-C based navigation receiver in my plane.  It is part of
a Northstar M2 system which uses Loran-C and GPS in a dual sensor mode.
Jeppesen stopped supporting the database for Northstar about a year ago and
now Loran-C is gone (haven't been flying since the shutdown to see if I can
pick up any Canadian Chains here on the Gulf Coast) so I am going to have to
upgrade to a Garmin or similar GPS system.  Big $$$'s and a PITA but at
least I got maximum return on the original investment and waited until
maturation of the moving map technology.

Joe