[time-nuts] Mitsubishi GPS antenna data

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Tue Feb 23 11:03:21 UTC 2010

hudsonray at yahoo.com.au writes:

Nigel,  that part number looks very much like a MEW / Panasonic VIC100
antenna.  CCAH32ST02  with a H instead of a 5 . does it look anything like the
VIC100 see link  below.
http://denko.panasonic.biz/Ebox/gps_en/spec.html

-----------------
Hi Ray

Many thanks for the information, that very close match on part numbers
would certainly imply some similarity but externally at least the units are
different.

What I have is a puck antenna that looks identical to the HP  58504A and
was supplied to me already mounted inside an HP 58510A external  housing.
I'm now told the assembly was supplied complete by HP, although I have no
way of verifying that, so it's possible the Mitsubishi is a rebadged HP.
However, all photos I've seen of the HP antenna are labelled as  such and I
wouldn't normally have expected HP to supply their own parts  with someone
else's label, which is why I was hoping to find some information  specific
to the Mitsubishi.

Some good photos of a "proper" 58504A can be seen here by using the "View
more images" link.....

_http://www.finchremarketing.zoovy.com/product/HP-58504A-1/HP-58504A-GPS-L1-
Carrier-Antenna---NEW.html_
(http://www.finchremarketing.zoovy.com/product/HP-58504A-1/HP-58504A-GPS-L1-Carrier-Antenna---NEW.html)