[time-nuts] Achieving maximum performance when driving 5370A/B inputs

Mark Sims holrum at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 28 05:10:02 UTC 2010

If it's the one that I think it is...  look closely at the photo.  The shafts on two of the pots are sheared off at the panel.   These are the display update control and the external arming level control.   These were custom HP pots with a funky (and delicate)  switch.  They had brittle plastic shafts.    Gee,  how do I know this...  could it be that a large percentage of the 5370's for sale have the same defect?

Luckily those controls are not too critical for normal operation.  They can be replaced with regular (switchless) pots if you jumper the switch pads correctly.  Be careful,  there were two different layouts to those controls.