[time-nuts] Thermal Time Constant

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed Mar 10 20:08:51 UTC 2010

~3.3E-2 W/mK.

If, as I suspect,  its transparent to 10-20um infrared then adding
intermediate aluminium foil radiation shields may be useful.

Some styrofoam insulating panels include carbon black to inhibit
infrared transmission:
http://www.glasscellisofab.com/sheets/polystyrene/data_sheets/STYROFOAM%20PANELMATE.pdf
Foam glass is also black for the same reason and its cells are filled
with sulphur dioxide (at least it smalls like that when you cut it).

Aerogel foam is also good (not sure about its infrared transparency).

Bruce