[time-nuts] HP 11729C versus 11848A

Adrian rfnuts at arcor.de
Sat May 8 05:38:29 UTC 2010

Just the roughly 16 dB of insertion loss caused by the 562 ohm resistor
at the input don't make that filter such a great solution ;-)
So, I brewed something better together...
The 10 kHz beat note is now near 0 dBm when the R input signal is
decreased by 40 dB, which makes a lot more sense than before...
And, I have a noise floor of some -165 to -169 dBc/Hz at +7.5 dBm input,
and I'm seeing the 10811A's some 5 dB above that.

Adrian