[time-nuts] Thunderbolt, Rb, Scopes at SF Bay Maker Faire this weekend

Leigh L. Klotz, Jr. WA5ZNU Leigh at WA5ZNU.org
Thu May 20 20:00:21 UTC 2010

As part of the SF Bay Area Maker Faire this weekend, I'll be showing a
Thunderbolt GPSDO and a FE-5680A Rubidium disciplined oscillator, both
connected to a $25 flea-market oscilloscope.

The demo is part of a hands-on "things to do with oscilloscopes."  In this
experiment, we'll have visitors use a stopwatch to measure how long it
takes for a 360 degree phase change, and use that to calculate the
fractional PPB difference between the two frequencies.

We'll be at the ARRL booth, which is in the Fiesta Building, near the
Tesla Stage entrance.

http://www.makerfaire.com/

Leigh/WA5ZNU