No subject

Sat May 1 12:37:47 UTC 2010

> As part of the SF Bay Area Maker Faire this weekend, I'll be showing a
> Thunderbolt GPSDO and a FE-5680A Rubidium disciplined oscillator, both
> connected to a $25 flea-market oscilloscope.=20

Can you really get a useful scope for $25?=A0 What's it like?
=A0
You can in the UK. I just picked up a old Advance dual trace 20 MHz unit at=
 a hamfest for =A310 ($15). It was for a work=A0mate to use at home.=A0Work=
s fine and even he adamits it will teach him a lot more than the "push auto=
set" on a digital.=A0 Previous Hamfest I got an HP 1740A 100MHz, dual trace=
, delay TB etc with manual for =A325 ($37) for myself (realised i did not h=
ave a good analog 'scope). Have also won an HP 1980B "oscilloscope measurem=
ent system" DSO (HPIB contolled)=A0with the 1965A 10 picosecond resolution =
counter=A0option for =A326.65 ($40) For comparison petrol (Gas) just hit $6=
.93 per US gallon here. it costs $100 to fill the wifes Ford Focus!

What's a low end A/D on a USB dongle go for?

Anything with useable software <$35

Robert G8RPI.