[time-nuts] Digital tight PLL method

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Wed May 26 11:11:14 UTC 2010

Ulrich

Close in spurs generated by the synthesiser may also be problematic.
One feature being that the spur levels will depend (in a complex way) on
the synthesiser output frequency.

One of the first problems to solve is making the close in spurs
sufficiently low.
Another problem is to ensure that the synthesiser output is phase
continuous (not a problem with DDS but close in spurs may be).

Bruce