[time-nuts] Digital tight PLL method

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Thu May 27 14:44:51 UTC 2010

Well, I've tried it from a Windows 7 install here and still cannot get
it up using Firefox or IE so it must be some sort of regional
blocking. Windows troubleshooter under IE could not suggest an answer
for this but there again that's hardly surprising.

$ nslookup tf.nist.gov
Server:         127.0.0.1
Address:        127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
tf.nist.gov     canonical name = tf.boulder.nist.gov.
tf.boulder.nist.gov     canonical name = symp17.boulder.nist.gov.
Name:   symp17.boulder.nist.gov
Address: 132.163.4.169

Seems to resolve fine but trying to ping it fails (still that is no
indication of a problem).

# nmap -PN tf.nist.gov

Starting Nmap 5.00 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2010-05-28 02:37 NZST
Interesting ports on symp17.boulder.nist.gov (132.163.4.169):
Not shown: 999 filtered ports
PORT   STATE SERVICE
80/tcp open  http

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 11.22 seconds

Now this is interesting as I can see port 80 open so there must be
something blocking this in the server. And yes, by all means flame me
for nmap'ing a US government server if you like, I'm sure I'll be
extradited for trying to hack into the system and sent to prison for
25 years, but if it's out there in the public space it should be
secure enough for any form of 'attack'.

Cheers,
Steve