[time-nuts] Possibly OT - Any interest in a vintage HP/Dymec DY-5842 VLF receiver?

Paul Davis ziggy9 at pumpkinbrook.com
Mon Oct 11 05:09:18 UTC 2010

In case anyone was wondering, the receiver has found a home with Paul,
WB8TSL. He tells me he's got it receiving WWVB already. It will need a
little TLC, but it was good to see its basic functionality confirmed.

I've posted the scanned copy of the manual on my website at <http://www.pumpkinbrook.com/DY-5842/
 > for those that are interested.

Thanks for the interest, and the replies.

Paul - K9MR

On Oct 2, 2010, at 2:40 PM, Pete Lancashire wrote:

> Ken would be a great person. THe HP Memory project would be another
> http://www.hpmemory.org/index.htm
>
> -pete
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 3:50 PM, Brian Kirby <kilodelta4foxmike at gmail.com
> > wrote:
>> You might consider contacting Dr. Ken Kuhn  --
>> kennathakuhn at gmail.com
>>
>> check his HP museum at http://www.kennethkuhn.com/hpmuseum/
>>
>> Brian Kirby KD4FM
>>

>> On 10/1/2010 5:34 PM, ziggy9 wrote:
>>>
>>> Fellow time-nuts:
>>> I've got a circa 1964 DY-5842 VLF receiver. This is (was) operated
>>> in
>>> conjunction with an external time interval counter to make a
>>> frequency
>>> comparison. So you would select WWVL for example, and use that as