[time-nuts] 60KHz Antenna Cont'd

Brooke Clarke brooke95482 at att.net
Wed Oct 20 16:56:04 UTC 2010

Hi John:

I found the AMRAD active antenna was designed for 137 kHz operation and
was very noisy at 60 kHz.  See:
http://www.prc68.com/I/LF-Ant.shtml
PS the AMRAD specified fuse is maybe 100X the value needed to protect
the transformer from a short on the coax.  Guess how I learned this.

The McKay Dymec DA-100 is an excellent active whip antenna for VLF.
http://www.prc68.com/I/DR33.shtml#DA100

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com