[time-nuts] Maintaining boatanchors

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Mon Oct 25 18:06:10 UTC 2010

I wish Symmetricom would release source to the old TrueTime / Datum products... But I'm sure most of that source code has been lost
/ thrown away.

For instance, the older network time servers are much cooler to me than the new models. The old stuff was custom designed and
specifically written / tweaked by hand. The newer time servers are just off-the-shelf single board computers, a GPS module, and then
*maybe* a custom oscillator module.... Then they just run on a *nix OS with some small custom scripts to do the timing and automate
setup... Just not the same...