[time-nuts] SRS SR620 counter problem

Robert Atkinson robert8rpi at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 06:34:45 UTC 2010

I'd change the CMOS RAM next.

Robert G8RPI.

--- On Mon, 25/10/10, Corby Dawson <cdelect at juno.com> wrote:

From: Corby Dawson <cdelect at juno.com>
Subject: [time-nuts] SRS SR620 counter problem
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Date: Monday, 25 October, 2010, 23:39

Hi everyone!

My SR620 is giving me an error 3 on power up. The manual says it's most
likely a dead backup battery.

I can clear it if I hold down the reset button while powering up. (This
loads the factory defaults into the RAM.)

However if I cycle power the error 3 comes back!

The battery reads 3.44VDC and at the VCC pin of the Ram you get 3.20VDC
with the AC power off.

This seems to indicate the battery is good.

I'm thinking of placing a 1K resistor across the battery to see if a load
will cause a big drop.

Any suggestions?

The RAM is a CXK58257AP-70L.

Thanks,

Corby Dawson
SHOCKING: 2010 Honda Civic for $1,734.09
Is this price real? YES! We reveal the TRUTH!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/4cc60781dcc8a5aca4m04duc