[time-nuts] Determining Time-Nut infection severity

Bob Bownes bownes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 00:37:57 UTC 2010

To sort of make an on/off topic comment, here in NY, we have recently
begun using hypothermic protocol on cardiac arrest patients that have
undergone a reversal. If the heart has stopped and been restarted
either with a defib or by CPR alone and we are on scene in a short
enough span of time, we can start the treatment using chilled saline
IV to lower the patient's body temperature rather dramatically en
route to the hospital. I got to work the first one of these in our
area a few months ago. Absolutely fascinating.

Of course we need to make very careful and accurate note of the time
the treatments begin. :)