[time-nuts] Maser info (vacuum levels)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Thu Sep 2 19:19:35 UTC 2010

On Sep 2, 2010, at 12:00 PM, Scott Newell wrote:
> I think I took that same class (sub-basement of Steele, right?) just a few years after you.

That would be the one! See, I knew that most anybody who attended that particular institution would recognize my description of that piece of equipment. I took the classes in '86-'87. I would have been class of '90 if I hadn't flunked three quarters of math and two quarters of physics... but the lure of the device physics lab was enough incentive for me to bludgeon my brain into passing that pair of device physics courses. I also thoroughly kicked butt in the freshman-level digital electronics courses, which oddly enough were easily as advanced as the junior-level digital electronics courses that I eventually took at UC Irvine. A big portion of my career naturally has involved digital ASIC design, since that and software development appear to be the things that I can idiot-savant my way through while only understanding enough math to be able to count to 1! :-)

What house were you in? I was in the red one, with a guest membership in the black one due to my disrespect of security devices and interest in telephone switching networks. Have you ever followed the yellow brick road to cold under Arms?

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/