[time-nuts] Possibly OT: Maintenance manual for Racal 1998 and 1999 now available for download

Bill Hawkins bill at iaxs.net
Thu Sep 9 07:23:44 UTC 2010

Many, many, many thanks for your research, David. Who is EADS?

I rely on two eBay 1992s for timing and comparison, with a third
that cost me $300 but doesn't work (some guy in Hawaii).

That is, I did rely on them until I learned that any information
from comparing two Z3801s was lost in the noise. So, like short wave
receivers, they have fallen into disuetude. Well, I do use one of the
receivers with GPSCon to answer SNTP queries on my network of seven
computers, to avoid adding Internet traffic.

I found Dillobits YATS32 to be useful until Windows XP came out (I
used Unix many years ago, but abandoned the powerful command line
for the deceptive ease-of-use of Windows (deceptive because the
apps are crippled compared to Unix). Now YATS32 steals the focus from
whatever Windows app (Word) is running and causes uncertain things to
happen.

I'd like to find something better, but I run clockvault.com's JagAir
Nixie clock in the meantime.

Is this far from the 1998 manuals in the subject line? You bet'cha,
but that's par for the course these days.

Bill Hawkins