[time-nuts] Questions about HP 5370B

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Wed Sep 15 00:09:36 UTC 2010

Hi

A little guess work:

Over a 10 year period something like one in 1,000 to 1 in 10,000 10811's fail. Of those, less than 1 in 1,000 are controller run away. Of the controller run away's 1 in 10 might be stopped by the thermal fuse. That puts you at a 1 in 1,000,000 to 1 in 10,000,000 chance of the fuse doing you any good. The 10811 sells for $125 any day of the week on the e place.

If you are paying more than a tenth of a cent for the thermal fuse, it's wasted money.

I doubt any of my ratios are on the low side....

Bob