[time-nuts] HP-5370B Running Hot...

Charles P. Steinmetz charles_steinmetz at lavabit.com
Wed Sep 15 11:04:38 UTC 2010

Paul wrote:

>Speaking of filters.
>    *   *   *
>many if not all of the filter material is degenerated.
>Its soft and sticky. At a min get rid of it.
>My environments clean so I leave them out.
>Have never found a replacement. Maybe some home depot air filter.

The HP 5345A manual specifically directs one to remove the filters.

The coarser grades of "ScotchBrite" pads make good air filters, if
one determines there is a need and is willing to check them once in a
while.  The coarser ones I have are decades old and white.  Some
grades are available at grocery stores as pot-and-pan scrubbers.

Best regards,

Charles