[time-nuts] HP-5370B Running Hot...

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Wed Sep 15 11:47:17 UTC 2010

The black/green Scotchbrite pads contain an abrasive which
might be friable.  I am not sure about the white, but they
probably contain something as well.  Just something I worry
about when using non filter materials as filters.

I find that the easiest source of the exact material is in
the passive "electrostatic" air filters sold at Home Depot,
etc.  They cost about $20 for the large adjustable size, and
you get enough of the material to do many scopes and instruments.

You really have to be careful not to get a filter material
that resists the air flow too greatly.

-Chuck Harris