[time-nuts] OT: xtal osc PN

Stan, W1LE stanw1le at verizon.net
Sat Sep 18 13:18:23 UTC 2010

  Hello Frank,

Down East Microwave (DEMI) in Florida will be coming out with a
stabilized VHF LO module soon.
Should be a single board for 6M, 2M, 222, 432 MHz and possibly beacon duty.
Was designed by N5AC. 10 MHz external reference.

Hope fully a single programmed board can be jumpered for the fixed LO as
needed.

How soon is anyone's guess.  Contact them. It is a very active project.

This board may satisfy most every VHF Nut's discerning needs.

The real question is what should be the LO phase noise threshold
for effective VHF/UHF ham radio comms work.

If the real goal is xtal low phase noise and you can live with the freq
stability,
than use an external stabilized source as a local beacon, to verify
frequency accuracy.

Stan, W1LE      Cape Cod     FN41sr