[time-nuts] [qs1r] Looking for good, cheap, external reference

Ed Palmer ed_palmer at sasktel.net
Thu Sep 23 02:50:15 UTC 2010

   Does the temperature move around a little or is it a flat, straight
   line?  If it never moves, it's probably the bad one.  As Bob mentions
   below, the temperature only changes in large steps with the bad
   sensor.  The good one has steps in the millidegree range.  I got my
   chips from the auction place.  Make sure that they are C or D revision,
   the E revision is the bad one.  Check the list archive for lots of info
   on this topic.
   Ed