[time-nuts] DS1620 Variants in the Thunderbolt

Mark Spencer mspencer12345 at yahoo.ca
Sat Sep 25 23:50:53 UTC 2010

Interesting thanks.  My new to me Thunderbolt was apparently manufactured in Apr
2004 and appears to have the older higher resolution chip.   I've noticed some
of the pictures on various auction sites appear to show a label with a
manufacturing date.    I'll be curious to see when some of the sellers start
asking for a premium with units with the older chips (:   If I was to buy
another one I wouldn't mind paying a modest premium for one with the older chip.

I've been favourably impressed with the performance of the Thunderbolt so far.