[time-nuts] Next Generation Time/Frequency Standards May Require Provisions Preventing Vertical Displacement

Jeffrey Okamitsu w3kl at w3kl.com
Wed Sep 29 17:17:16 UTC 2010

More importantly, does this impose an upper limit on data transport speed over
networks, in particular wireless networks?  If and when one produces the network
technology that would demand the accuracy and precision of these new
standards, if one object is moving relative to the other, there could be loss of
data as the moving clock goes out of sync with the stationary one.  We know this
was possible just from special relativity, but motion at "normal" speeds does
not contribute appreciably at the currently achievable accuracies and
precisions.  However, with the next generation, driving in a car or certainly
flying in a plane will limit bandwidth.  And, of course there's the gravitation
effect to contend with in the future as well, which could also limit bandwidth.

As I am thinking about this, does this impose a limit on GPS accuracy and
precision based on the next gen technology?

Jeff
 Jeffrey K. Okamitsu, PhD, MBA
+1-609-638-5402 US Mobile Phone
+1-240-421-0692 GSM Mobile Phone