[time-nuts] Next Generation Time/Frequency Standards May Require Provisions Preventing Vertical Displacement

jimlux jimlux at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 30 03:50:56 UTC 2010

Jeffrey Okamitsu wrote:
> See the following:
>
> http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100923/full/news.2010.487.html
>
> Of course, we're probably a few years away from seeing commercially available
> instruments with the required precision/accuracy...but it will come.

from the article:Holger Müller, a physicist at the University of
California, Berkeley, says that the study shows that relativity is no
longer confined to experiments working with huge speeds and distances.
"This is mainly a grand technological feat, but has an almost
philosophical component," he says. "It shows that relativity is
something tangible."

Hmm. I think that tvb's demo in the minivan was pretty impressive.....