[time-nuts] "PYLT" Python LabTools

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Sun Jan 16 15:55:48 UTC 2011

In message <4D32FEF2.5000300 at erols.com>, Chuck Harris writes:

>I was
>a little more back-of-the-envelope with my stuff, and basically kept
>the low level stuff with the upper level control functions.

Yeah, that's how I started out also, and then I ended up in the
"now where did I put that function I wrote which..." mode and got
fed up with it.

The instrument that got the ball rolling was the U2004 Power Sensor
with its USB interface, that took a couple of days to figure out.
(SCPI over IEEE488.2 over USB488 over USBTMC over USB, who are these
bozos ???)

Anyway, I hope it proves useful for some people and as always, patches
are welcome :-)