[time-nuts] DPC Latency

Bob Camp lists at rtty.us
Sat Jun 18 13:42:25 UTC 2011

Hi

DPC Latency = Deferred Procedure Call Latency = how long it takes Windows to get around to doing what it should do real time. Put another way - how lazy is your computer?
It may not be a big issue, but it's probably worth checking for free:
http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml
We don't do audio or video since we're serious Time Nuts:)... The same issue would mess up our stuff though. It certainly would be useful to know when playing with NTP.
Usual disclaimer - if your PC explodes don't blame me. There are lots of other programs out there that do the same thing. I have no connection with these guys. It's just the first one I found.

Bob